About Tahoe Donner
Tahoe Donner was first established in 1971 with the first home built in 1972. Currently Tahoe Donner is one of America’s largest homeowner’s associations, with nearly 6,500 properties and 25,000 members enjoying over 7,300 acres in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Tahoe Donner is an eclectic community with a passion for outdoor recreation and a celebration of the Tahoe lifestyle.
Located 25 minutes from Lake Tahoe in Truckee, California, Tahoe Donner operates a wide variety of recreational facilities. Some of the recreational facilities are for members only while others are also open to the general public. These amenities can be explored in detail on this website. Just use the menu button at the top right to get started.
- Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Beach Club Marina
- Downhill Ski Resort
- Equestrian Center
- Golf Course
- Northwoods Clubhouse
- Recreation Hut
- Tennis Center
- Trout Creek Rec Center
- XC Ski Center
- HOA dues are $2,065 per year
- Optional Recreation Pass (Rec Pass) $350 per year
- Short Term Rental Rules
- One time transfer fee of $425
To preserve and protect the quiet residential nature of the Tahoe Donner community and address issues related to short-term rentals including over-crowding of homes and parking, the board of directors has approved new Short-Term Rental (STR) rules for all Tahoe Donner homeowners who short-term rent their property. As of October 27, 2018 with an effective date of January 1, 2019, the resolution and rules were passed.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NEW RULES INCLUDE:
- All STR property owners are required to register with Tahoe Donner within 60-days from Jan 1, 2019.
- After the effective date of January 1, 2019, property owners who commence a new short-term rental program are required to register within 30-days.
- Registration for your STR property is FREE.
- All STR owners must provide a real-time contact for the property.
- If a nuisance complaint is made, owners or designated person must contact TDA within a 45-minute window.
- All owners, renters and vacation renters must comply with Tahoe Donner Covenants Rules. Owners must provide complete Covenants Rules and other documentation to STR renters. It is recommended that you obtain a signed Renter Rule Acknowledgement Form (not required). To access the required documents, visit STR documents + tools.
- STR residences must follow occupancy rules. No more than 2 people per bedroom plus 4 additional people total. Children under the age of 7 are excluded from the occupancy count.
- The number of parked vehicles shall not exceed spaces available in garages and on the driveway of the property.
- Currently fines will be issued for violations of these STR rules or any other association rules after notice and hearing.
- All STRs are required to register with the Town of Truckee for the Transient Occupancy Tax.
Market Report as of Jan 23rd, 2020
Overview of the Last 30 Days
Sale-to-List Price: 98%
Median Days on Site: Active 100